What is Foundations?
Foundations is our beginner’s course at CrossFit East River. The goal of Foundations is not to turn you into Rich Froning but simply to set you up for long-term training success.
Our Foundations program is three, one-hour long classes. They can be completed in any order.
- Tuesday 7:30pm – focus is on deadlifts, cleans and mobility.
- Thursday 7:30pm – focus is on air/back/front/overhead squats; presses, push presses and push jerks; and using WODIFY.
- Saturday 12:30pm – focus is on kettlebells, pull-ups, ring dips and a discussion on nutrition.
- Instructed by CrossFit L-1 and Olympic Weightlifting certified trainers.
- Includes a Workout of the Day (WOD).
- We also offer a 2-session private option, for an additional fee; contact us to set up private sessions.
Is CrossFit for me?
CrossFit is scalable and adaptable for everyone, no matter your level of fitness or your age. Make no mistake, though: CrossFit isn’t easy. Like anything, if you want real results, you’ll need to put in hard work and be committed. Lucky for you, CrossFit is constantly varied and a TON of fun!
I’m a total gym rat already, do I NEED Foundations?
Yes. This is generally non-negotiable, but if you can demonstrate knowledge, safety and efficiency of the movements in our programming – including the Olympic lifts – you might be able to test out of Foundations. Ask a coach during your free trial class!
What should I bring?
Wear comfortable workout clothes and bring a positive attitude. Yup, that’s it! We have cubbies for you to stash your belongings during class.
Can I work out on my own in your gym after Foundations?
Yes, we offer Open Gym time daily.